Sunday, November 1, 2009

November Challenge!

I'd like to say thank you to all who enjoyed my 48 hour Etsy sale! Wasn't that so much fun?!! I enjoyed chatting with so many of you who bought pattern packs - it was encouraging from a designing stand-point to hear of your enthusiasm for them!

Now what are you going to make with your Seasons stitcheries I wonder?? Today I used my Winter one to make a Winter Recipe book...

...it's seemed like such a clever idea to have all my favourite winter recipes in one book.

Now I will be making a Summer, Spring and Autumn recipe book as well! And I think a Christmas one would be a good idea...hmmm...I feel a design coming on. Remind me about that next week will you? ;-)

~~~~~
Now, the Challenge for October is over. There were no giveaways because it was a very personal challenge - to look with fresh eyes at out houses and see what we could do to make them feel more of a home. If you've been following my blog you will have seen a number of projects I completed around the home, but I intend to keep challenging myself for the rest of the year to keep working on those touches here and there to beautify our living environment. What about you? How did you go with this challenge in your home?

It's November now, and a new Challenge to be had! Remember when I showed you these?

I have been 'collecting' them every time I buy a fat quarter bundle, a layer cake, a Jelly Roll...they just pile up and I hate wastage so I pop them in a zip-lock bag for one day.
Well, girls, one day has arrived. It's the 1st of November and I have used them in a project to kick start the Challenge!
Finally, I did something with my original Garden Set designs...don't they look so cute as a bunting!? If you click on the photos you can see a much larger view of them.

But look at what is threaded through the little blocks!

Yes...it is the Moda cotton tape!

I put little hanging sleeves behind them and threaded it through. It's fantastic for this purpose because they do not slide along - the cotton has grip so you can separate the blocks as far apart as you like and they do not slip.
I have more ideas for using the rest. What about you? Do you have any of this lying around that needs to be used? Or perhaps you've already had your brainwave and given them a purpose - would you share with us what you did?
Now I'm not restricting this Challenge to cotton tape! I think the Challenge should be about using all that trimming we seem to accumulate - ribbons, lace, other cotton tapes etc. So lets call it the NOVEMBER "TRIM MY TRIMMINGS" CHALLENGE!
Let's see if we can lower that surplus we've got stored away and make some cute things along the way.

Righto! I'm off now to watch Blossom in the school Play-off...the six school houses all have a 12 minute play and the teacher vote at the end for the winner! Exciting stuff.

Hugs
Jenny
xxx

16 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Oh you are so clever

Lauren Colless said...

The October challenge was a great one - I have a list of things I want to make for the house, and plan to work my way through them as time and supply-buying permits :) Thank you so much for the inspiration to do it!
Oh I had a heavy heart reading about the cotton tape... I don't have any!!! Woohooooooo I have PLENTY of ribbons and trimmings to use up!!!!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Aren't you clever with your trims.

Betsy said...

Jenny excellent idea for the Moda Tape. I use it as a bow when I wrap a gift.

Carrie P. said...

Girl, you are just so smart. What a great idea. I have some of that twill tape, what can I do with mine?

Carrie P. said...

I forgot to tell you how much I like your winter cook book too. Another great idea.

Judith Tetley said...

What date will I send all my piles of recipes over for a "make-over" ??? Inspiration just oooozzzes from your posts Jenny...love ya heaps.
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Magia da Inês said...

Olá amiga!
Seus trabalhos estão cada vez mais deslumbrantes... uma inspiração!...
Espero você em:
magiadaines.blogspot.com
Beijinhos.
Didi
Itabira - Brasil

Lurline said...

Oh, I don't have much tape, but that is a great idea!
Hugs - lurline♥

Tam said...

I think your cookbooks are fantastic - great idea!

CindyMae said...

Just wanted to let you know, that although I do not comment all the time on your blog I do visit it every single update. All I do is cross stitch but you make me want to pick up another hobby. Your work is just simply wonderful!!

Allie said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT to use those stitcheries for a recipe book - I love that idea, Jenny! That would make a wonderful gift.
All I did for your October challenge is finish my garden blocks, but they sure beautify my sewing room! I'm stealing your idea for using the Moda tape for them, I have no clothesline yet and that would be perfect!!!! Thank you for reminding me I had it.
I don't have many trims, but I'll see what I can use on Christmas projects, if I make any....I don't want to....but we'll see!

I hope Blossom wins, that sounds so fun!

SewLindaAnn said...

I have used this month (until 1:30 Sat. a.m.) to organize my crafting room. I just have a few (stacks) of papers to put into plastic folders and off I go. I plan on using the stitcheries for Christmas gifts. But, the tape, don't have any undone and will untie my layer cakes immediately and think about it.

Janice said...

What a great challenge. I haven't bought any jelly rolls etc yet, so don't have any tape. What a pity I posted about my key fobs yesterday, they all have lovely ribbons on them. I have plenty more ribbon, so I'll have to come up with something else creative with them. I love the way your recipe book turned out. Enjoy the play-off.

Chookyblue...... said...

your a pocket rocket............I get exhausted just reading this blog.........beautiful stitching yet again

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny

I saw a pattern somewhere at some point where someone had made a bag out of all their fabric edges - it looked great!

Rachelle x